Tuesday, November 1, 2011

In November

"In November, the air grows cold and the earth and all of its creatures prepare for winter. In November, the earth is growing quiet." Cynthia Rylant.

Today I read "In November" by Cynthia Rylant to my 1st graders. I love the imagery in that story. It gets us all in the mood for crisp air, trees almost bare, and families gathered round the dinner table, giving thanks.

We talked about the month of November in my class today and all agree that even though November hold the glorious holiday of Thanksgiving, we should give thanks throughout the year. So, although we give thanks many times during the year,  I'm going to post one thing I'm thankful for each day for the month of November.

November 1st, 2011:  I am thankful for my relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ. I would be nothing without Him. My life verse is:


In other news, I was contacted by Jason from http://pocketchange.become.com/, one of the biggest shopping blogs out there. He told me that I have received the Editor's pick award/creative chef award from their site. I was pretty excited about this! So here's my pretty badge!


Have a great Tuesday night, Y'all!

1 comment :

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

One of my favorite verses! :) I'm thinking I need to steal that idea and list what I'm thankful for each day too!