Tuesday, November 15, 2011

From ABC to Junie B.

November 15, 2011: I'm thankful for my job as a first grade teacher. Yes, my jobs is tiring and stressful. The demand on teachers is rough these days but when I see that "light bulb" go off on one of my firsties heads, I just can't help but smile and know that this is what God wanted me to do. The growth that comes with being in first grade is amazing. I love seeing all that they have learned at the end of the year. We are going to go see a play tomorrow called "Junie B., First grader: Jingle bells, batman smells, and P.S. so does May" My kids love the Junie B. Jones series of books. She is hilarious!

This is my 3rd year teaching. My first year was basically survival mode. I decorated my classroom in a fish theme. Last year I decorated my classroom in a fairy tale/castle theme. This year (and probably for lots of years to come) I decorated my classroom in a camping theme.
I am blessed to have wonderful teammates in first grade and awesome staff and co-workers in other grades! To most people, I'm just Tiffany, to my sweet 19 first grades I'm Mrs. Clark and I wouldn't have it any other way!



3 comments :

Anonymous said...

How did you make the castle - wallpaper or what for your bulletin board outside the class?

Anonymous said...

I would also love to know how you made the castle. It looks great I love it!

TiffanyClark said...

I used gray butcher paper, a big oval shaped sponge and some gray/black paint mixed. Stamped the paper to look like bricks. Hung to wall with masking/painters tape and hot glued onto the tape and hung the paper on the hot glued tape. Made the work hangers from
Red long construction paper, laminated, rounded the tops to look like windows and hot glued clothes pins on. Then I hot glued the windows on the castle. Hope this helps! Thanks so much for the kind comments!