I am going to try to read more books this year and I'm going to be updating this list after each book read! Books read in 2011
2. Heaven is for Real By: Todd Burpo and Sonja Burpo. This book has shown me to have more faith. This is a MUST READ!
3. A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by: Donald Miller. We did this book for our girls Bible Study. I loved it! It talked about writing a better story for your life. We often just think about doing better things but it really counts when we push ourselves and do better things.
4. Leaving By: Karen Kingsbury. This is the first book focusing on Bailey Flanigan. I loved this book and I love all of Karen Kingsbury's books. This book was all about taking risks and trusting God when he opens doors to allow ourselves to go through them.
6. How Full Is Your Bucket? By: Tom Rath. I read this non-fiction book because I want to use this strategy for positive behavior in my classroom this year. This book is a great and easy read. Made me think about my own life rather than the life as a teacher. I got more out of it personally than what I was expecting to get. I didn't get much out of it as a teacher but overall it was really good.
7. Learning by Karen Kingsbury. This is the second book in the Bailey Flanigan Series. It talks a lot about choices and how we can learn from those choices. Bailey is in conflict while performing on Broadway because she wants to share her faith but the cast members and director lead different lifestyles. Read this book to see how Bailey uses her talents for the Lord!
8. Longing by Karen Kingsbury. This is the third book in the Bailey Flanigan Series. It was a slower read but still a really great, heartfelt book by one of my favorite authors! I can't wait for the last book in this series to come out in March!
Books read in 2012
1. The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins. WOW. No one told me what these books were going to be about. I was definitely startled when I found out the purpose of The Hunger Games. I was a little weary to keep reading but I gave it a chance. Suzanne Collins is a great writer. This book was written so well and captured you into reading it. I enjoyed it and am on the second book now. I can't wait until it comes out in theaters!