Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gettin back in the groove

November 8th, 2011: I'm very thankful for my sis-in-law and her encouraging me to run a half-marathon with her. She asked me if I would train with her in January of 2010. I completed my first half marathon in April of 2010 and have done 4 since then! I have yet to run any other kind of race. I dove into it before doing 5k's or 10k's or any other kind of race. If you know me, and I know some of you have been following my blog for awhile, you know that I was not the athletic type in high school or college. This is a newer found love. I know I fall off the band wagon and sometimes it's hard to get back into a routine after a race because you want to take a break or you developed tendonitis in your foot and HAD to take a break.

I've been walking around the playground at recess occasionally and have been doing my kinect your shape fitness evolved a couple times a week. I also did a workout that I pulled out of one of my SELF magazines last night. Tonight is my first night running since the late September women's half marathon.  I plan on doing a 5K the first weekend of December and want to do really well, so I'm going to start the couch to 5k, knowing that it is a long program, I'll have to modify it since I only have a few weeks but for now, I'm going to be the kid with the pumped up kicks tonight :) (on the treadmill since it is already PITCH BLACK DARK OUTSIDE) boo time change :(



No comments :