Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving (a few days late)

November 24, 2011: I'm thankful for so many things today. I'm thankful for all the things I've posted. I'm thankful that I get to spend this Thanksgiving with my parents, brothers, and hubby's parents, sister in law and brother in law.

I also am thankful for these yummy recipes that I put together Wednesday night to have on Thanksgiving!

Crock pot scalloped potatoes


2lb. frozen southern style hash browns. (cube ones)
1 stick butter melted and mix in hash browns
1/2 c. chopped onions
2 c. cheddar cheese
1 pint sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tsp salt and pepper
mix well
2 c. crushed cornflake crumbs and 1/2 c. melted butter. Mix
Pour over potatoes.
Cook 350 degrees for 55 min or Crock pot High for 4

Sweet Potato Casserole

Oven temperature: 350  Time: 1 hour
1- 40 oz sweet potatoes (drained)
1 stick of butter
1 tablespoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of sugar

Mix all ingredients above with mixer on low until textured like mashed potatoes. Put in 9x13 greased dish. 
Topping:
1 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of flour
1 cup of chopped pecans
1/3 cup for melted butter

(Mix well with spoon until all moist then put on top of potatoes)


Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

1-prepared graham cracker pie crust
1-8 oz. pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese
1-8 oz. container Cool Whip
1-15 oz. can Pumpkin
1 cup and 1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sugar
2-4 serving size boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger if desired.

Mix with electric mixer until creamy:
Softened cream cheese
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sugar
Fold in 1 1/2 cups of cool whip
Spread on bottom of pie crust

Mix with wire whisk (will be thick):
Pudding mix
spices
1 cup milk
pumpkin

Spread over cream cheese mixture
Chill for at least 2 hours
 Top with remaining cool whip if desired.
Some pictures from our Thanksgiving day:













November 25, 2011: I'm thankful to get to spend some time with my momma shopping today. We got a lot of great deals and didn't leave our house until 10 am :) I'm not big on lines and crazy people. We also got to go to Arrington Vineyards to see the beautiful views!



November 26, 2011: I'm thankful for unseasonably warm November days! It was 73 in Nashvegas today!

November 27, 2011: I'm thankful for one more day of break until I have to go back to school.

Taking care of my sick hubby today. Pray he feels better soon!




No comments :