Wednesday, February 23, 2011

No Wedding Wednesday this week..

My college roomie hasn't had the chance to write her guest post about her wedding this week, so her debut will be next wednesday.

I recieved the Stylish Blogger Award from the sweet Anna over at A Day in the Life...!

I came across Anna's blog a few weeks ago and we have so much in common! Thanks, Anna!!
Here are the rules:
1. Link back and thank the person that gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 recently discovered blogs.
4. Contact them and tell them about their award.

1. See above:)
2. -I got my haircut last night like:  Amy Jergens from The Secret Life of the American Teenager! I LOVE IT! I need to take a picture of myself to share!
-A first that Derek and I are experiencing is a mouse in the house....GROSS! I am not a big fan whatsoever! We discovered evidence this past Sunday morning (hole in a brand new bread bag and droppings). So we bought some fancy traps so we wouldn't have to see the dead little thing. This little guy is smart and I've seen him twice...screamed the first time and was far enough away that I was cautiously watching from afar. We've moved the traps and yet, the little booger is still living...any suggestions how to get rid????? HELP!
-I am currently training for my 3rd half marathon! I've never been the athletic type but this is something I've recently been interested in and I'm excited about all that I've accomplished! I am still a "runner" in training but I'm working up to it. I like walk/running! 
-I am trying to fix four new recipes a week to add some variety in our day to day meals! Some weeks are better than others! Check out my Friday's Four New Recipes series! 
-This is my second year teaching. I have taught both years in 1st grade and love it! My little firsties are so cute and funny! They drive me crazy some days but the days they melt my heart out weigh the crazy days! The second year is so much easier than the first. The first year, I like to refer to as SURVIVAL! Now I know what to expect and what I am suppose to teach!
-My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I believe fully to not worry about tomorrow for HE knows what is going to happen. I often struggle with the questions "when will this happen?" "Where will we be in the next several years?" but I always remind myself that God knows everything about us and knows what is best for us. God's timing is perfect timing!
-Seven is my lucky number I was born 7-7-87 at 3:17 weighing 7lb 7oz. I have 7 letters in my first name. When Derek and I started dating I then found out that his baseball number/sports teams number was 7!

3. I award this stylish blogger award to:


Stay tuned for Recipe Friday! There are going to be some awesome ones this week!


2 comments :

Greer's Gossip said...

Congrats on the award! :)

I can't wait to see your hair cut, I am sure it is fabulous. I am going on Saturday to get mine done and I can't decide what I want to do!!

the nichols' family said...

That is a cute hair style!! And I love Jer. 29:11 too:) Hope you're having a great week!