Monday, August 22, 2011

Teacher week-Monday

Meet the Teacher Monday
Tell us a little something about you...
Hi, I'm Tiffany! A 24 year old wife and teacher...I'm married to the most wonderful man ever!  We have been married for a little over a 2 years. This is my third year of teaching and I've only taught 1st grade. I live in the Nashville area and LOVE the south! I'm originally from WV and I have two younger brothers. I graduated from Mount Vernon Nazarene University in Ohio. I am a huge WVU football fan! Go Mountaineers! My husband is a Buckeye fan....but we won't hold that against him! :) I love to take pictures! I got a Canon Rebel xsi DSLR camera this summer for my birthday/anniversary and I love to go around towns and find architectural letters made from the buildings. I hope to share my work, maybe open up shop when I get a chance to learn how to edit pictures. I love to read, exercise (run/walk, zumba, xbox kinect games, etc) I'm training for my 4th half marathon! I love Jesus, spending time with my family, making new recipes, hanging out with friends and cinnamon dolce lattes :)


How long have you been teaching?

This is my third year teaching.  I have taught 1st grade for all three years.  I *love* first grade.  I had taught the ESL (English as a second language) kiddos last year and am teaching them again this year! I LOVE IT! Firsties are so silly and cute. There is never a dull moment! Seriously, I just love them! 

What are you looking most forward to this school year?

I'm most looking forward to seeing the growth in all my kiddos. Especially the sweet kiddo that came from Russia that speaks no English! I'm so excited to see this child learn English and see their growth! I'm also looking forward to seeing how the "Bucket Filling" Strategy works in my classroom!

What do you need to improve?

I would like to work on a few things.  First of all, I want to manage my time better before and after school so I don't wind up in my classroom late or on the weekends.

 Secondly, I want to accomplish learning and teaching our new Envision math curriculum with success!

Lastly, I want to be more organized and make sure I don't ignore cut short my writing time.

What teaching supplies can you *not* live without? 
My Promethean board! I couldn't live without that amazing piece of technology! 

Smelly stickers! I love them and the kids love them! I want to get some smelly markers and flair pens!

I love big chart paper.

Sharpies! Lots of colorful sharpies

Books, books, and more books!  It's another crazy addiction!

Hop on over to join the party!!






No comments :