Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'M BACK.....and Classroom Pictures!

Ya'll, I've never been so tired....this week has been absolutely C-R-A-Z-Y!!!! I was at school on Wednesday from 7:30 am-10:00 pm getting ready for kiddies to come the next day. I think I'm going to have a great class this year! I have an amazing challenge this year though. I have a little boy whose family came over from Russia. He doesn't speak any English. I have been the OVER THE TOP teacher the past few days because I have to use a lot of hand motions and guess what he's trying to tell me. He is going to learn so fast and I can't wait to see that take place. He is PRECIOUS! Being the "over the top" teacher and even just going back to teaching from summer break is exhausting at first. When you are a teacher you have to be "on", excited about everything and expressive. When you have a child who doesn't speak English you have to be "BEYOND ON." I wouldn't trade it for the world, though!

Now, for what you've all be waiting for......(NOTE: Picture OVER LOAD ahead)
 Check out TBA (Teaching Blog Addict) to link up with your classroom pictures as well!

Welcome to Mrs. Clark's 1st grade Camp out!
 I painted this cabin for outside my classroom to display work. "Clark's Campers"
 I printed off little windows, laminated them and wrote each child's name on them. I hot glued them to a clothes pin and hot glued that to the cabin.
 The chimney stones are made to look 3D. I hot glued 3 sides, stuck it on the paper and stuffed wadded up paper inside and glued the rest down. For the smoke out of the top- cotton balls on card stock.
 My door isn't quite finished. I want to find some rugged wood and make a sign to hang on my door. I also want to make the planks look like real wood.
 When you first walk in my classroom!
 My red and white checked curtains made by my teacher friend's wonderful mother in law! I also made that boat out of our grill box!
 Classroom library-carpet/easel
 Teacher desk/computer desk
 Promethean board and white board. (All the boxes were there to sort school supplies on the first day)
 Computers and reading posters (back wall isn't finished)
 decor above my cabinets. Writing display on the far left (the tops of the cabinets aren't finished either)
 My A.R. board "Give me S'more A.R." the roasting stick is for still reading, first graham is 25%, chocolate is 50%, marshmallow is 75% and the top graham is 100%
 campfire (not finished) and tent that I made!
 "Fishing for Sight Words" word wall
 name tags I bought off of TpT
 Fishing for Fancy Words (for my vocabulary words each week)
 LOVE FANCY NANCY!!


 Mrs. Clark (ME) on the first day of school. The start of my 3rd year of teaching!

Hope ya'll enjoyed those pics! Let me know if you have any more suggestions for decorations or anything! 





9 comments :

the nichols' family said...

your room is SO cute!! way to go girl! :)

Heather said...

I love your classroom! It's so cute, and age appropriate for 3rd graders for sure! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Your classroom looks great! I never have the patience to do a themed classroom..plus i'm pretty indecisive too and would want to change it up in January! Have a GREAT first week!
www.chalkintherain-blog.blogspot.com

Mrs. S. said...

I love the camping idea! Way to go!

Melly<><

Second Grade Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

The Yellow Rocking Chair

Leslie said...

Your tent is so awesome!
- Leslie
KindergartenWorks

Ashley TeBeest said...

I am doing a camping theme this year too!! I love your log cabin on the outside of your classroom and your a.r. board. I teach special education and don't really use that much of sight words. My students all have goals so I created a Waterfall and am still deciding on a cute slogan. Soon I will have pictures up!

Ginger Snaps said...

I love your little camping area!! So cozy!! Your room looks awesome! I want to come camping too!

Jennifer Jasewicz said...

I love your campfire. You classroom looks fabulous!

Liliris
Fourth Grade Garden

Anonymous said...

I love your camping theme. Great ideas. Can you tell me what book did you find the picture of Fancy Nancy fishing? Thanks for your help?