- 1 pound dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted. The best dessert EVER. Inspiration: Pinterest!
Directions: Mix brownie mixture according to box. 1st layer: cookie dough. 2nd layer: Oreos. 3rd layer: brownie batter. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (check, if done...you know what to do, if not, give it about 5 more minutes)
2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 c. Sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Large Eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
10 slices of french bread (we improvised)
2 c. blueberries (we used strawberries)
Maple syrup, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 F, and lightly grease a 9x13 in baking dish
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl, with a stand mixer on medium speed, until well blended. (We just had to do it by hand because there wasn't one in the cabin.)
Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the milk, and mix well.
Arrange the bread in the prepared baking dish, and spread the blueberries (strawberries) on top of the bread. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the bread. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before baking (or cover pan and place it in the refrigerator overnight, that's what we did). Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
This was interesting. I think we needed to cook ours a little longer but it's definitely worth making again!
We made lots of other things like, chicken fried rice, chicken quesadillas, hot dogs and burgers, steak, potatoes and sauteed onions and peppers and of course S'MORES!