Monday, June 6, 2011

These words are music to my ears!

I wanted to share with you some devotions that I came across a couple weeks ago that really was something that I needed to hear! I'm reading "Jesus Calling" by: Sarah Young. It is a 365 day devotional and I really love it because it is written as Jesus is talking to you.

Here ya go and I hope these words bring music to your ears as well!

May 24
"Bring me your mind for rest and renewal. Let me infuse My Presence into your thoughts. As your mind stops racing, your body relaxes and you regain awareness of Me. This awareness if vital to your spiritual well-being; it is your lifeline, spiritually speaking.
      There are actually more than four dimensions in this world where you live. In addition to the three dimensions of space and one in time, there is a dimension of openness to My Presence. This dimension transcends the others, giving you a glimpses of heaven while you still reside on earth. This was part of My original design for mankind. Adam and Eve used to walk with Me in the garden, before their expulsion from Eden. I want you to walk with Me in the garden of your heart, where I have taken up permanent residence."
Genesis 3:8; Psalm 89:15


May 25
"The world is too much with you, My child. Your mind leaps from problem to problem to problem, tangling your thoughts in anxious knots. When you think like that, you leave Me out of your world-view and your mind becomes darkened. Though I yearn to help, I will not violate your freedom. I stand silently in the background of your mind, waiting for you to remember that I am with you.
        When you turn from your problems to My presence, your load is immediately lighter. Circumstances may not have changed, but we carry your burdens together. Your compulsion to "fix" everything gives way to deep, satisfying connection with Me. Together we can handle whatever this day brings."
Isaiah 41:10; Zephaniah 3:17; Psalm 34:19


I hope you feel refreshed and new this Monday morning!

No comments :