Thursday, September 29, 2011

A breath of fresh air

I had a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" yesterday. First off, I am coming down with a cold/seasonal allergies (stuffy nose, congested chest, cough, etc). Then, my foot is still throbbing with tendonitis pain from the race this past Saturday. Last, I had a very overwhelming day at school. I talked to my wonderful mommy this morning and as always, she gave me wonderful advice. I went to school early, turned on some hillsong "None but Jesus", pulled out my wonderful Devotional "Jesus Calling" and read. This was today's devotion:

"I am with you and all around you, encircling you in golden rays of Light. I always behold you Face to face. Not one of your thoughts escapes My notice. Because I am infinite, I am able to love you as if you and I were the only ones in the universe. Walk with Me in intimate Love-steps, but do not lose sight of My Majesty. I desire to be your closest Friend, yet I am also your sovereign Lord. I created your brain with capacity to know Me as Friend and Lord simultaneously. The human mind is the pinnacle of My creation, but so few use it for its primary purpose-knowing Me. I communicate continually through My Spirit, My Word, and My creation. Only humans are capable of receiving Me and responding to My Presence. You are indeed fearfully and wonderfully made!"

As I was very emotional the day before, I just sat there in my desk chair and cried this morning because this is exactly what I needed to hear. I then went around to each child's chair and prayed for them individually. I prayed at the door that the Lord would bless this day. Let's just say, we had a much better day and despite my foot and feeling under the weather, I believe the Lord worked in many ways today. It wasn't perfect, but when is a first grade classroom perfect.

Tomorrow is FRIDAY! Have a blessed weekend!



No comments :