2lb. frozen southern style hash browns. (cube ones)
1 stick butter melted and mix in hash browns
1/2 c. chopped onions
2 c. cheddar cheese
1 pint sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tsp salt and pepper
2 c. crushed cornflake crumbs and 1/2 c. melted butter. Mix
Pour over potatoes.
Cook 350 degrees for 55 min or Crock pot High for 4 hours!
Baked Chicken Casserole
8 Chicken Breasts-boneless (I used only 4 because it was just for Derek and I)
8 slices of Swiss Cheese (I only used 4 again)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/4 c. white cooking wine (but you can use water-I used water)
2 c. crushed herb bread crumbs
1/4 c. butter melted.
Place chicken breasts in single layer in 9x13 baking dish. Place 1 piece of cheese on each chicken breast. Mix soup and wine/water and pour over chicken. Sprinkle bread crumbs over chicken and then drizzle butter over the chicken mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
12 large Manicotti shells
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 cups ricotta cheese
6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
1 (26-ounce) jar prepared spaghetti sauce, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13in. baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels.
3. For filling, in medium bowl, stir together 3 cups mozzarella with the ricotta and fresh basil. Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture.
4. Spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top of pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
5. Bake manicotti for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan; bake for 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Nancy's Vegetable Beef Soup
Makes 6-8 servings
2 lb. roast cut into bite-sized pieces or 2 lbs. stewing meat
15 oz. can corn
15 oz. can green beans
1 lb. frozen peas
40 oz. can stewed tomatoes
5 beef bouillon cubes
2 tsp. salt
1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Do not drain vegetables.
2. Add water to fill slow cooker to within 3 inches of top.
3. Cover. Cook on low 8 hours, or until meat is tender and vegetables are soft.