Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wedding Wednesday-My Wedding

Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing the details and memories from the weddings of me and my 3 roommates! I like to do things in chronological order, so it will be mine, Kelsey's, Emily's, and Katie's. I was so sad I wasn't able to be at Emily's but I will be using pictures that others had taken.

Derek and I were engaged on April 12, 2008 and were married on July 11th, 2009. A lot of planning took place in that little over a year time period.

I made our save the dates on picnik.com. I only handed them out to family and friends at get-togethers because I didn't want to have to spend extra money on mailing. I also emailed it to other friends and family.


The dress!
I searched through magazines upon magazines, tried on several dresses at other boutiques but I only had eyes for the Jasmine Collection dress that was spaghetti strapped, fitted bodice, a-line bottom and beautiful embroidery and beading. I called many boutiques that had that brand to see if they could order it without me paying for it first. Boutique 21 in Newark, OH let me order it without paying for it before hand. My mom came up to Ohio (where I went to school) and we went to try it on. It was perfect!
Front detail, the day I got to try it on for the first time!

Really wrinkly, first time to try it on, needs hemmed and straps fixed, but it's perfect!

I loved the pulled up back and the beautiful designs on the train! That's the veil I got too, scalloped edges with beading.




 Bridesmaids-Stacy Newburg, college roommate/friend, Katie Puterbaugh-childhood friend, Katie Vartorella(then)Henry(now)-college roommate/friend, Kelly Shearer-childhood friend, Emily Bryan-childhood church friend, Mackenzie Howard-Derek's sister (future sis-in-law), and Brittany Good Matron of Honor-childhood friend. Their dresses were from David's Bridal-strapless latte color with a pink sash around the waist. They got to pick out their own shoes but have them died the latte color. My mom and I made their earrings and necklaces. We also made them flip flops for the reception. They were brown with pink ribbon intertwined around the tops. I also got them the friendship willow tree figurine and made them each a small scrapbook. 
Some of the bridesmaids
Kelly, Me and Brittany (3 childhood best friends and all got married all in the same summer)
Me and my MOH, Brittany!
Our flower girls dresses were made by my mom's cousin (my cousin,too). My flower girls were Aleyna Young-little girl I babysat in the summers for 3 summers and Samira Ghareeb-my cousin. My mom made their earrings and necklaces and flower girl baskets.

Groomsman-Chad Yoder-college apartmentmate/friend, Jared Miller-college friend, Greg Wright-Best man/college roommate/friend, Jeremy Schlabach-college roommate/friend/golf buddy, Adam Hill-bride's brother, Jacob Hill-bride's brother, Joshua Howard-groom's brother-in-law. The groom's tux's were from Men's warehouse black with the latte vests/tie to match the bride's maids dresses.
me and my little brothers

Kody, one of our ring bearers, cut his finger on the boutonniere pin and left the stage crying :(
Derek's Best Man, Greg, Derek and Me

So his older brother, Mason, picked up both ring pillows, which had our actual rings on them.

My mom is so creative and crafty! She made all of our flower arrangements, my bouquet, my bridesmaids bouquets, the boutonnieres, corsages, centerpieces, and flowers for the cake.
 Flower arrangements for the church

 Our wedding bands from Genesis Diamonds here in Nashville
 Our rings with my bouquet-made by my mother. The darker roses were from her bouquet!!
 all of our bouquets



 Centerpieces for the reception

Our cake was made by Liza Hoffman out of Milton, WV. She took the picture that I gave her and created the most beautiful cake ever! It was amazing and my aunt gave us the willow tree cake topper and my mom jazzed it up! 
 Our beautiful cake

 Our guest book attendants were Sara Bailey-I use to babysit for her and her sister when they were little and we grew up in church together and Shelby Bolyard- my god-sister.They wanted to get matching dresses, so we found some really cute pink knee length dresses from Amazon. We also had two program passers. Kayla Bailey-Sara's sister and Kali Ghareeb- Samira's sister/my cousin. 

 Our photographs was Donna Edmondson. She was great! We had so many great poses and fun moments. Derek and I decided to see each other before our ceremony. I walked down the isle to him with no one else in the sanctuary (except for our photographers), I wrote him a letter and gave him a heart shaped silver box from Things remembered with my promise ring inside. We prayed together and then took most of our pictures together before the wedding! I wouldn't have changed that for the world. The time we had together before the ceremony made us so much more relaxed and be able to really focus on the ceremony instead of being so caught up in seeing each other for the first time. Here are some pictures from the wedding and reception.


 Dad, Mom, Me, Adam, Jacob
 Copyright Donna Edmondson




 Our sweet getaway car-compliments from our cousin!
 Our favors were "Kisses from the Clarks" Hershey kisses with a Clark Bar.
 Our first dance as husband and wife- I have and I always will-Dave Barnes-sung by Dusty Phillips
Father and Daughter dance-My little girl-Tim McGraw
 Matt Henry and Dusty Phillips were our MC's/DJ's! They did an awesome job!
 Me and Derek and my little cousin Keilah
 Me and my roomie Katie!
Kelsey, Katie, Me, and Emily-Barn Life Girls!
I had another getaway dress-mom and I found at JCPenny's! I loved it! and we are off to happily ever after...P.S. I have no clue what that white dot is on my face..maybe a rain drop reflections. 

We had quite the hetic and unexpected day of travels the day after our wedding. That story will come later...
Stay tuned for Kelsey and Lee's wedding coming up next week!

No comments :