Monday, March 13, 2017

Make a Change Monday

Friends,  I turn 30 in less than 4 months! In challenge with my friend, Nicole, over at Behind our Doors, and real life bestie, who will be 30 in 3 months, texted me yesterday saying she was going to get herself in gear because she wants to look and feel good on her 30th. Now I think she looks great anyways but I totally get it! That gave me the inspiration to be intentional and work hard to get healthy again.

So I'm making a change.

Here's my plan! I'm going to eat "clean" breakfasts, lunches, snacks and most of the time for dinner. I have to find good "clean" recipes that hubs, who doesn't love veggies, will like. What is eating "clean" you might ask? Well I've looked a lot on Pinterest for some good recipes and ideas. Here is an image I pulled from pinterest on clean eating for beginners.




I'll be sharing the clean eating recipes I try! Please share any good info on clean eating or recipes you have! I need all the help I can get to try to make this change!


With eating clean, I also am going to commit to this exercise plan at least for the first month and then up it a bit.

Monday-Friday: Afternoon walks with Olivia, either pushing her in our jogger stroller, having her walk with me or a combo of both. This is obviously weather permitting but even if it is yucky outside, I hope and plan to do some other type of activity. Whether it be playing a game of chase or a dance party!

M-W-F Mommy and Me yoga from youtube videos on our apple tv.

She has the downward facing dog pose down!

Apparently one of us needs snacks to get us through the "Mommy and Me" yoga session! 


Tu-Th- Either get up early or have Hubs watch/play with the baby while I get in a 30-45 min high intensity workout video either from youtube or xbox kinect or dvds.

Weekends-any activity is a bonus! We usually try to stay home for a good part of Saturday and if it's nice out, we spend lots of time taking walks out on our farm.

If y'all have any recommendations on workouts or videos, let me know! Since moving out to the country and having a toddler who doesn't like to be put in any type of nursery/child care setting,  my workouts will have to be at home/a park/ or on our farm.

Making changes are so hard. We can't do it alone.  We have to have a good support system to help us on our journey. This goes for anything.

My main purpose on making this change is to feel better about myself, get some weight off, be healthy before we try/think about having another babe and have more energy to keep up with my super active toddler.

Join me on this journey! You won't be sorry!

I plan to make this a weekly "Make a Change Monday" and once I figure out how to add a link up for anyone else who wants to join, I will add it.

Stay tuned for more!





No comments :