Thursday, January 26, 2017

I'm BAAAACK!!

Hi! My name is Tiffany! I'm back!
I've been off the blog world as a writer for a long time now but I'm ready to try to make a comeback!
My last post was over a year ago about Olivia's birth story. I also just realized I had several posts started about the day we found out we were expecting Olivia and a 6 month in post but I might just keep those as drafts. We are almost 20 months in and I'll post updates about my sweet, joyful and crazy toddler! 

A lot has happened since then. I'll make a bullet list to update y'all!
*Taught kindergarten for my 7th year teaching Olivia's first year of life.
*That was an incredibly hard year of trying to balance it all while nursing/pumping.
*We started building our house on the farm September 2015.
*I had a kidney stone attack (for the first time) December 2015 and then had surgery to put a temporary stint in in January 2016. Both painful/uncomfortable.
*We moved into our forever home on the farm at the end of Feb 2016.
*Derek took a job at Rotogrinders in Nashville in March 2016.
*Olivia's first Easter!
*My official first Mother's Day!
*The end of May brought the end of the school year and I took off my school teaching hat and put on a new stay at home Mommy hat which I wear with so much gratitude and joy, even on the hard days!
*We celebrated Olivia's first birthday with lots of family and friends for a little lamb theme!
*We had play dates, zoo trips, lunch dates, 2 trips to WV over the summer! She loved the pool!
*Olivia also started walking in July!
*We celebrated our nephew/cousin's birthday over the summer at a park!
*We had a Fourth of July cookout at our house, celebrated my 29th birthday and Derek and I celebrated our 7th anniversary with a fancy dinner at Kayne Prime steakhouse!
*We had lunch dates with daddy in Nashville a few times, went to the library for story time, went to the discovery science center in Murfreesboro, the Williamson co fair, an indoor swimming pool with a kids zone.
*A Labor Day trip to Moorehead KY to meet Olivia's great grandparents at a family reunion (Sandy,Derek's mom's, parents), Mommy and daddy had a night away in Nashville for Daddy's work event for the kick off of NFL season!
*We had a couple different sets of friends come and stay with us this year at our new house!
*we hosted our 5th annual family fall festival! It was a huge hit! So much fun!
*We went to Chattanooga to a cabin to celebrate GiGi's (MIL) 60th birthday!
*played at the park, went to trick or treat at a few libraries, we were sick with the stomach bug so no trick or treat and no pumpkin patches this year. :-(
*Went to WV for Thanksgiving!
*had a wonderful Christmas season with seeing the lights at Opryland, visiting santa, decorating our home for the first time for Christmas, reading a Christmas book a night to count down to Christmas, advent season at church, a super fun Christmas morning for our sweet girl (although I battled a sinus infection for the few days before Christmas and on Christmas Day), went to wv for a few days after Christmas and my parents came back with us for the new year weekend, we hosted a low key nye party at our house!

The start of 2017 has been snowy, then warm, then rainy. Olivia and I are having fun going to Mrs. Amy's Tiny Tots preschool to teach her class while she is on maternity leave. I'll talk more about that in a separate post.

I am glad to be back and I hope to keep it up!"



No comments :