Saturday, February 8, 2014

Accomplishment!

I've had some ups and downs on my journey to healthy living this year so far. From making poor food choices to not feeling like going to the gym, and on the flip side, staying within my calories on my fitness pal app and going to the gym at 5 a.m even if I would rather stay in my nice warm bed. I also have dealt with a slight stomach bug which threw off regular eating and exercising for a few days.

Today was an exceptional day! My friend Heather and I are doing the same devotional and keeping each other accountable. We weighed and measured on Jan 1 and plan to weigh/measure in the first weekend of every month. We couldn't get together last weekend because her niece had decided to make her grand entrance into the world and they traveled up to Ohio for the weekend to get some cuddle time in! We had stayed the night at their house last night so we could weigh in first thing this morning. *Side note* My scale at home went on the fritz about 2 weeks ago. I hadn't been able to weigh myself for 2 weeks and I was frustrated at that. On the contrary, that was actually the best thing to happen. I stepped on the scale this morning and had lost 5.6 pounds since the beginning of the year. I lost some inches in areas of my body so I was very excited about this! I'm very encouraged by this and keep working hard at reaching my goal!





No comments :